Before you attempt to fund your account through an anchor, please ensure the following:
- You have funded enough for the base reserve of XLM. Your deposit will simply never reach your account if you have not activated your wallet with a base reserve. You will need at least 2 XLM to put into the base reserve for your account to become active. Please see This Link for more information on reserved funds.
- You have enough available XLM to open a trustline. You need at least 0.5 XLM available to be able to open a trustline. Should this amount be available a trustline will automatically be opened with the anchor.
- Your Public Key is not locked. Please see This Link for more information on how to unlock your Public Key.
- You trust the Anchor. Please see This Link for more information.
Should you satisfy all of the above, you are in the clear to make an anchored deposit to your StellarX account!
- Select the Deposit option in the top right.
- Choose the specific currency you would like to deposit. You will be able to choose between some Crypto (eg. Bitcoin or Etherium) or Fiat (eg. Canadian Dollar or US Dollar) currencies.
- Pick which anchor you would like to use for your currency. While some currencies have only one option for anchors, some currencies have several options for supported anchors. For example, there are (currently) three options for depositing (and withdrawing) BTC into a StellarX account: Apay.io, NaBTC.com, and Stablecoin.group. It is up to you to decide which anchor you would like to trust.
- At this stage you will be given the instructions for proceeding with the deposit, this changes from anchor to anchor.
Should any issues arise, you will need to contact that specific anchor you are using for more information and next steps.