Trading on StellarX happens in the Markets tab, which can be found on the top left of StellarX on desktop web. Before you place an order on the StellarX marketplace, please ensure a couple of things:
- You have already funded your account with XLM. This will ensure that:
- You have an active Stellar wallet
- You have XLM to put in reserve if you need to open a Trustline
- If you are placing a buy order, you have the funds required to purchase the token you are interested in.
- You know how to navigate the StellarX marketplace. For more information regarding this please see This Link.
To place an order on StellarX follow the steps below:
- Select the token you wish to trade.
- Select either Buy or Sell within the trading panel on the left of the screen.
- You will see three editable text boxes which you will need to populate:
- Unit Price - This is the price you wish to buy/sell that asset for. Please note: There are no market orders on the StellarX marketplace, only limit orders. For every order, you need to specify what amount you are willing to pay or sell for.
- Qty (Quantity) - This is the amount of the asset you would like to buy/sell. Filling out this field will automatically populate the 'Total' field.
- Total - This is the amount of XLM you would like to spend/receive on the asset. Filling out this field will automatically populate the 'Qty' field.
- Once you have created your order, click the yellow button. You should get a notification that your order is processing and, after a few seconds, that your order has been successfully placed.
Your order will fill when there’s a match in the order book. It stays on the books until it’s filled or until you cancel it manually. To view open and completed orders, go to the Activity tab. To view your completed and open orders check the Wallet tab.
If you run into any issues while trading, please contact us at email@example.com.